Monday, March 15, 2010

Where do people even come up with this stuff?

Like I said before, people dedicate entire blogs to how much trouble it is to own a shiba. Which mostly makes the point that they don't know how to handle a dog, but that's not the point for today. The problem with those blogs is the spreading of nonsensical stereotypes about the breed.

Today's blog myth: shibas hate having their paws touched.

Huh?

Ok, so your shibas hate having their paws touched. Mine doesn't. I can clip her nails, massage her paw pads, play with her toes, whatever I want. She was raised that way. In fact, I'm touching her paw right now and she's not even reacting.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it many times more: whatever is wrong with your dog is probably just something that's wrong with how you're raising him.

No comments: